Transplanting trees or shrubs? Let the TBF Root Cutter make your work faster and easier. The unique design of this remarkable tool allows you to completely cut and shape root balls up to 36″ to 48” in diameter quickly and efficiently. The patented TBF Root Cutter is a proven transplanting tool that is gentle on the stock being transplanted while allowing you to cut even roots at the bottom center of the root ball where other tools simply can’t reach. Once you have cut the root ball fully, you can lift it readily without having to tear the roots.
The durable welded construction of the TBF Root Cutter helps to ensure that you will experience dependable, professional results. Works superbly in combination with a good nursery spade, enabling you to consistently cut root balls neatly and cleanly in almost any location.
TBF Root Cutter Features:
• Built to last, with welded construction and replaceable 3” cutting blade
• Comfortable D-grip wood handle
• 24″ or 30” long, gently curved steel shaft lets you cut and shape root balls to 36″ to 48” in diameter
• Steel blade, foot rest, and high strength 5/8” diameter steel shaft
• Overall length is 60” (or about 54″ for 24″ shaft root cutter)
Note: This item includes the TBF Root Cutter which, in conjunction with a good spade, allows you to efficiently cut and shape root balls up to 36″ to 48″ in diameter. The TBF Tree Lifter and Grappling Forks, which enable you to lift root balls too heavy to lift by hand are offered for sale separately, along with the TBF Root Cutter, as a complete set.
Questions? You are welcome contact us.
Even though the patented TBF Root Cutter is an inexpensive hand tool, it is more versatile and lets you do a cleaner and better job of cutting root balls than costly tree spades –
• Lets you cut any size root ball from 16” to 48” in diameter. Allows you to freely adjust the size and shape of the Root Ball. (You can use the Root Cutter to cut root balls less than 16” in size, but usually a good hand spade is sufficient in such cases.)
Tree spades are very limited in the size and shape of the root ball which can be cut.
• Enables you to work efficiently almost anywhere. Dig trees even in very tight quarters without harming surrounding plants and without leaving ruts or other damage to repair. You can use our equipment even in densely planted, established landscapes, next to walls, fences, or foundations, on steep slopes, or on soil too soft or wet to support a heavy vehicle.
Tree spades need plenty of space and favorable site conditions. Often, trees or shrubs which need to be transplanted can not be accessed by tree spades at all, at least not without doing unacceptable damage to nearby plants and to the landscape.
• The Root Cutter’s sharp blade allows you to cut roots cleanly and to consistently produce neatly cut, solid root balls.
The thick, slow-moving blades of tree spades often leave roots torn, mangled, and shredded, and often fracture root balls badly.
• Allows you to work around rocks and other obstructions in the soil. You can often maneuver the TBF Root Cutter around and over obstacles in the soil which would stop tree spades.
The large blades of tree spades are unable to navigate around barriers such as rocks or large roots of nearby trees – such obstacles can prevent the use of or cause costly damage to tree spades and can quickly rule out their use.
• Under reasonable digging conditions, one person can completely cut and shape a 24” root ball in about 2½ minutes. One person can completely cut and shape a 36” root ball in about 10 minutes.
We sincerely believe that the TBF Root Cutter is a tool you should not be without if you transplant trees or shrubs with 16” or larger root balls. Even if you already use a tree spade, using the Root Cutter to pre-cut will allow you to consistently dig cleanly cut, solid root balls without tearing or mangling roots. Once a root ball has been properly cut with the help of the TBF Root Cutter, it should be completely free of the surrounding soil and ready to lift. You can lift root balls up to about 24” in diameter just by prying carefully with a sturdy spade. A mulch fork is useful for lifting root balls that need gentler handling.
For root balls too heavy to lift by these methods (over about 24” diameter), we recommend the TBF Tree Lifter and Root Ball Grappling Forks. Like the TBF Root Cutter, the TBF Tree Lifter and Root Ball Grappling Forks are simple, sturdily constructed, inexpensive, versatile, and very effective. They give you the ability to lift root balls up to 48” in diameter, weighing up to about 1500 lbs, for a fraction of the cost of purchasing a tree spade and a vehicle to operate it. The Complete Professional TBF Tree Digging System, which includes the TBF Root Cutter, Tree Lifter, and Root Ball Grappling Forks, is offered for sale separately.
The TBF Root Cutter and the other components of the TBF Tree Digging System offer you a combination of efficiency, versatility, economy, high quality results, and environmental friendliness with which, in our opinion, no other tree digging tools or equipment available at any price can compare.
There is no other tool like the patented TBF Root Cutter – we believe it is by far the best and most cost effective tool you will find for cleanly cutting and neatly shaping root balls. We offer a guarantee of satisfaction on this high-quality, USA-made equipment, and we are available by e-mail or phone to help you with any questions you may have.
Printed instructions are included with your purchase to help you to make the most effective use of your TBF Root Cutter. Should you have any questions you are welcome to contact us.
There are no reviews yet.