Carolina all-spice is a striking and useful shrub with large, unique, ornate, deep-maroon buds forming in late spring. Buds rival the beauty of the flowers, but upon opening fill the air with fragrant berry scents, much like a strawberry. These distinct flowers are mixed with a steady flow of more buds and new flowers, blooming over a month. Often planted near doorways, or porches, where the scent can be enjoyed, this will not disappoint. Naturally deer resistant, native to the U.S., it is quite at home here, will spread nicely, and easily so can be shaped and maintained in smaller spaces. Also, can serve as a privacy screen, or a hedge plant, blocking wind as well.
- Full sun to shade
- Tolerate most soil including alkaline and wet soils
- Useful as a windbreak tolerates strong winds
- Deer resistant
- Disease and pest-resistant
- Edible twigs can be crushed to use as a spice like cinnamon
- The flower scent has hints of pineapple, strawberry, and banana.
There are no reviews yet.